Friday, August 26, 2011

Tangy Chicken BLT Sandwiches

Yes, it's sandwich time at our house again, but it is summer - and it's 95 degrees outside today! I thought I had see a recipe like this online, but when I went to make these yummy sandwiches today, I couldn't find it anywhere, so I was on my own. It's super easy to put together and so delicious! Don't talk yourself out of the sauce - it truly makes this sandwich special.

I made these sandwiches on 2 medium sized french bread loaves (actually labeled "sweet italian bread" at Kroger). Then, each was cut into 3 servings for a total of 6 servings. Of course, you can make it any size, but this recipe will give you a place to start....

You will need:
2 french bread loaves, sliced lengthwise in half
1 fully cooked rotisserie chicken, sliced
12 slices of bacon, cooked (I baked mine at 400 for about 15 minutes)
a few slices of lettuce, washed
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 TB mayonnaise
2 TB ketchup
salt and pepper to taste

Mix equal amounts of ketchup and mayo (about 2 TB each) and set aside.


Put sliced bread under broiler for about 3 minutes or until just starting to brown, then remove from oven.

Layer bottom slice of bread with bacon, chicken, lettuce, and tomato. Sprinkle salt and pepper on tomatoes. Generously spread sauce on top layer of bread, then lay on top of sandwich. Slice into desired serving sizes and enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment