Saturday, June 25, 2011

Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Since the first time I had these little sandwiches (at a tennis match last year), I fell in love with them! I like to try different meat/cheese combinations each time, but will say that I like all of them, so I can't recommend a favorite yet.

Today's version is using Oven Roasted Turkey and Cheddar Cheese - once again....delicious! Also, today I used the Honey Wheat rolls, and we loved them!

Combine these first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat just until combined.
1 stick butter
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. honey mustard
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. brown sugar

You will also need:
2 packages of King's Hawaiian Rolls OR small dinner rolls in foil pan
10-12 slices of cheese
1 lb. thinly sliced meat

Place rolls on large baking sheet. Slice each package of rolls HORIZONTALLY. Remove the top layer of bread and pour 1/4 of the sauce over the bottom layer, using a brush to spread it evenly across the surface. Cover with about half of the meat and cheese. Replace the top layer of bread. Pour 1/4 of the sauce over the top layer of rolls. REPEAT with second package of rolls.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. Cut apart and serve. Enjoy!

*note - If making for a large crowd with appetizer portions, I prefer to use the foil package dinner rolls (found in the bread aisle). When making lunch for my family, we use King's Hawaiian Rolls because they provide a little heartier meal.



0 comments:

Post a Comment